Vienna Climate & Temperature
- Vienna, Austria is at 48°14'N, 16°21'E, 200 m (656 ft). See map.
- Vienna has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Vienna is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 9.8 degrees Celsius (49.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.5 °C (38.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2.3°C (36.2°F) on average falling to -2.7°C (27.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 14°C (57.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 5.7°C (42.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24°C (75.2°F) and average low temperatures are 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 13.7°C (56.6°F) during the day and lows of 7°C (44.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 607 mm (23.9 inches) which is equivalent to 607 Litres/m² (14.89 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1891 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Vienna you would come out nearest to the climate station at Castlepoint, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Vienna, Austria Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Klodzko, Poland - 244 kms (151.7 miles) N
- Mosnov, Czech Republic - 206.2 kms (128.2 miles) NE
- Brno, Czech Republic - 103.5 kms (64.3 miles) NNE
- Sliac, Slovakia - 210.8 kms (131 miles) ENE
- Innsbruck-Uni, Austria - 61 kms (37.9 miles) ENE
- Bratislava, Slovakia - 58.3 kms (36.2 miles) E
- Hurbanovo, Slovakia - 143.4 kms (89.1 miles) ESE
- Budapest, Hungary - 214 kms (133 miles) ESE
- Budapest-Lorinc, Hungary - 229.6 kms (142.7 miles) ESE
- Szombathely-Repuloter, Hungary - 111.1 kms (69.1 miles) S
- Keszthely, Hungary - 179.2 kms (111.3 miles) SSE